Star Fleet Project Boxset
Release date: 13 October, 1983
Brian May + Friends: Star Fleet Project is the third release in the ‘Brian May Gold Series’, originally released in 1983. Accompanied by top rock luminaries Edward Van Halen (guitar), Alan Gratzer (drums), Phil Chen (bass) and Fred Mandel (keyboards), the output of their legendary recording sessions was captured on a 3-track mini album.
Celebrating its 40th anniversary, Star Fleet Project has been given the full reissue treatment. Brian and his studio team (Queen sound engineers Justin Shirley-Smith and Kris Fredriksson) have created a completely new 2023 mix of the sessions from the original multitrack master tapes, and the artwork has been completely digitally recreated from the original 1983 source material, to give fans the very best experience at the highest possible quality.
The first CD Star Fleet Project + Beyond features both the full-length and single versions of the title track alongside full-length album versions of “Let Me Out” and “Blues Breaker”, as well as interviews and live performances. The second CD, The Complete Sessions features 23 tracks newly mixed from the original analogue session tapes. The LP is presented in 180g transparent red vinyl. The box set also features a 7” black vinyl with an exclusive B-side. A badge and booklet featuring extensive liner notes complete the box set.
- CD1 Star Fleet Project & Beyond: 2023 mixes of Star Fleet Project + Cynthia Fox interview + Rockline radio interview + Let Me Out & We Will Rock You live in Los Angeles.
- CD2 The Complete Sessions: all of the previously unreleased studio sessions.
- LP: 2023 mix of Star Fleet Project on 180g red colour vinyl.
- 7”: exclusive single featuring “Star Fleet (edited single version)” on Side A, and “Son Of Star Fleet” on Side B. Pressed on black vinyl.
- Exclusive Star Fleet Project enamel badge.
- 32-page colour booklet featuring original artwork and lyrics.
- Vinyl Box Set